With both a Pacific Ocean and Caribbean Sea coast, countless laid back beach towns, and bottomed out prices on everything from delectable dinners to scenic boat trips and horseback riding, Nicaragua may be Central America’s best kept secret. Most commonly seen through the lens of the Sandinista government, there remains quite a difference between officials policies and the people. A mix of mestizos and indigenous inhabitants, Nicaraguans are a proud people excited to show off the natural wonder of their nation. Coupling outdoorsy treks with quiet backpacker towns like Granada and some truly unique activities (like horseback riding on a volcanic island inside a lake), a trip to “Nica” will most certainly surpass expectations. Pack your bags, roll up your socks, hop onto a local “chicken bus,” and get ready for the adventure of a lifetime.
Know before you go!
Meet up with gay travelers around the globe.
- Explore videos, photos, travel tips, maps and top Gay Destinations.
- Create your profile and make friends around the world.
- Meet like-minded travelers who share your interests.
- Post your stories and share your travel tips with others.
- Browse our events and find the most reliable information about the best gay events around the globe.