Nestled amid 650 acres of green parkland, Heaton Hall is a restored 18th-century home with several interesting and authentic rooms to explore, including the circular Pompeiian Room and a Music Room complete with the popular instruments of the day. The list of exhibits changes regularly and often focuses on several artists’ work related to a single topic. A past topic was dogs, and the displays included photographs, computer-generated art, and portraits that all paid homage to “man’s best friend.” This gallery is operated by the City Art Galleries in Manchester and hosts frequent talks and lectures.
Know before you go!
Meet up with gay travelers around the globe.
- Explore videos, photos, travel tips, maps and top Gay Destinations.
- Create your profile and make friends around the world.
- Meet like-minded travelers who share your interests.
- Post your stories and share your Gay Friendly travel tips with others.
- Browse our events and find the most reliable information about the best gay events around the globe.