Though more conservative than Buenos Aires or Rio de Janeiro, Santiago is still home to an out and proud gay community. Dozens of gay venues are scattered all over the city, with the main clustered in Santiago’s “gayborhood” of Barrio Bellavista, near the Baquedano metro station in Plaza Italia. While most of the scene-sters are locals, you’ll still find a smattering of international tourists and expats.
- LGBT Scene in Santiago
Know before you go!
Meet up with gay travelers around the globe.
- Explore videos, photos, travel tips, maps and top Gay Destinations.
- Create your profile and make friends around the world.
- Meet like-minded travelers who share your interests.
- Post your stories and share your Gay Friendly travel tips with others.
- Browse our events and find the most reliable information about the best gay events around the globe.