Drinking on the water is a popular pastime in Stockholm and several pontoons and boats now host bars and restaurants. The M/S Gerda, which once served in the Normandy landings, is now decked out with palm trees and sleek furniture. The popular summer haunt Flyt (meaning ‘Float’), at the edge of the Gamla Stan is made to look like an old steamboat, but is in fact a cleverly disguised pontoon. Mälarpaviljongen’s pontoon, with its designer furniture and olive trees, exudes Miami-in-Stockholm. Formerly a lightship in the English Channel, Patricia was once visited by Winston Churchill. Today it is perhaps best known for its gay nights on Sundays, and its major parties on summer nights and winter weekends.
Know before you go!
Meet up with gay travelers around the globe.
- Explore videos, photos, travel tips, maps and top Gay Destinations.
- Create your profile and make friends around the world.
- Meet like-minded travelers who share your interests.
- Post your stories and share your Gay Friendly travel tips with others.
- Browse our events and find the most reliable information about the best gay events around the globe.