Luxurious Resort on Kauai
Set on a white sand beach in Poipu on Kauai’s sunny south shore, the Grand Hyatt Kauai Resort and Spa offers 602 guest rooms each with its own lanai and décor reflective of the resort’s renowned Hawaiian classic elegance. This luxury resort lies on 50 oceanfront acres with manicured lawns, five restaurants and lounges, a water playground with an adult pool area, river pool, waterfalls and a 150-foot waterslide, a saltwater lagoon, tennis, the award-winning Anara Spa, and golf at the adjacent Poipu Bay Resort.
Relax among the beautiful views of verdant gardens, the sparkling Pacific Ocean or the lush mountainside from the private patio / lanai of your spacious guestroom. Whether you’re traveling to Hawaii for a romantic getaway, family vacation or you’re mixing business with leisure; the spacious and modern accommodations offer something to suit your needs
At the Grand Hyatt Kauai guests are provided with an abundance of things to do during their stay in Hawaii including an array of water sports, championship golf, mountain biking, scuba diving, tennis, dancing at a traditional Luau and much more.
The spectacular settings of the restaurants in Kauai present inspiring backdrops for the delectable culinary creations of the talented chefs. Award-winning and plentiful Poipu restaurant options are as varied and intriguing as the island upon which they sit. Experience the finest in Kauai dining at Grand Hyatt Kauai.
WEDDINGS & EVENTS
Select the stunning beachfront setting of Grand Hyatt Kauai for your conference, business meeting, event or Hawaii destination wedding. Culinary excellence and remarkable venues combine with a wealth of entertainment, activities, dining and culture to offer memorable guest experiences.
Ancient traditions blend with the soothing powers of nature to inspire lokahi – balance or harmony.
Grand Hyatt Kauai Resort & Spa invested over $300,000 in converting one of its tennis courts into a hydroponic garden to grow lettuce for the resort's restaurants and events. The 4,000 sq. ft. former tennis court, now farm, produced its first crop in January 2015 and is now consistently producing over 300 pounds per week of the seven types of lettuces grown. Don't miss the tour when you're on property!
Reward yourself with a stay at the Grand Hyatt Kauai island retreat and experience the true meaning of Grand Hawaiian hospitality!
- Environmental Initiatives
- Concierge Interview
The spectacular settings of the restaurants present inspiring backdrops for the delectable culinary creations of the talented chefs.
RESTAURANTS AT GRAND HYATT KAUAI
- Tidepools- Contemporary Hawaiian cuisine served in a unique Hawaiian setting.
- Dondero's - Casual yet upscale dining serving Old World favorites.
- llima Terrace - An open air casual restaurant serving breakfast and lunch daily.
- Hale Nalu - Close to the pools, lagoon and beach, the surf shack restaurant offers a satisfying menu
- Seaview Terrace - Offering breakfast and dinner with a breathtaking view.
- Stevenson's Library - Enjoy delectable sushi creations in this Kauai bar boasting an extensive selection of Whiskies, Cognac, Port, Sake and Wine.
- Captain's Bar - Serving up fantastic views and refreshing tropical drinks.
- Shipwreck Bar - Located alongside the saltwater lagoon stop by for a refreshing drink.
- 24 Hour Room Service - Enjoy a complete menu for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
To View All Dining Options and Menus, Click Here.
At Anara Spa, ancient traditions blend with the soothing powers of nature to inspire lokahi – balance or harmony. Massages, body treatments, and facials are offered in private rooms or hale (thatched-roof bungalow) each opening to its own tropical garden. The abundance of treatments rooted in traditional Hawaiian healing, and the serene open-air setting, make for a spa resort experience like no other.
For more information, visit our website.
Grand Hyatt Kauai Resort and Spa is committed to reducing their impact on the environment by conserving natural resources and reducing waste.
- Solar photovoltaic system, covering 18,500 sq. ft. produces 465,000 kWh per year of clean renewable energy reducing CO2 emissions by 415 tons annually.
- 4,000 sq ft hydroponic garden produces 300lbs of lettuce for resort each week
- LED light replacement
- First Level 3 electric vehicle fast charger in the State.
- Filtered water dispensers for refilling water bottles.
- Air-conditioning is controlled on an Energy Management System.
- Exhaust fans in kitchens and pumps for water features are controlled electronically on timers.
- Allowing guests to choose whether to have linens refreshed daily saves 500,000 gallons of water per year.
- Green Earth dry cleaning machines replace petroleum based solvents with silicone.
- Nearly 60,000 sq. ft. of grass covered roofs reduce cooling needs and energy use.
- Wet waste from kitchens goes to pig farmers for feed, reducing waste to landfill.
- 100% of green waste is utilized for compost.
- Waste cooking oil is collected and processed into bio-diesel fuel.
- All usable items such as mattresses, art, furniture, dishes, etc. are sold in fundraisers for local charities.
- Recycle bins are available in all guestrooms as well as throughout the resort for guests to deposit glass, plastic bottles, and aluminum cans.
- Each office workspace recycles.
- Each month they divert an average of 15 tons of recyclables from the landfill, plus 12 tons of green waste.
- Take-out packaging is made from biodegradable materials.
- Heat produced by the air conditioning system is converted to heat water for our swimming pools. This process decreases environmental pollution and conserves 205,000 kWh each year.
GREEN KEY GLOBAL: Recognized for sustainable initiatives with the Four Key Rating. (2010-present)
GREEN BUSINESS AWARD 2013: Recognized for environmentally responsible operations by the State of Hawaii’s Green Business Program (also honored in 2004 & 2010).
GREEN INNOVATION AWARD 2011: Recognized for environmental stewardship in business by the Kapaa Rotary.
NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC, THE STAY LIST 2008: Honored for giving back to the community and working to con- serve and sustain resources.
LAULIMA AWARD 2008: Awarded for environmental leadership by the County of Kauai.
GREEN STAR AWARD 1996: Recognized for environmental initiatives to reduce energy consumption, reduce waste, and increase recycling efforts.
Check out our exclusive interview with this incredible property!
GT: What makes Kauai such a great LGBT destination?
GHK: The lush beauty of Kauai really takes people out of their day-to-day lives, creates a sense of place where you know you are someplace different and very special. From white-sand beaches to lush rainforests, there’s lots to explore here.
GT: What are some hotspots gay and lesbian travelers should check out when they are in Kauai?
GHK: Natural wonders abound on Kauai. From short scenic walks to 15 mile challenging hikes there is so much to see. It’s great to see the island by air in a helicopter where you really get a sense of just how undeveloped it is and see the island in a bird’s eye view. It is truly breathtaking. Explore on land whether hiking or biking or just driving the scenic roads. Lastly a catamaran sail down the Napali Coast is a must, the 1,000+ foot cliffs with their jagged green spires that have developed over hundreds of thousands of years of erosion is spectacular contrasted with the azure ocean.
GT: What are the top five reasons for gay travelers to visit Grand Hyatt Kauai?
GHK- Reason One: Unwind
Reason Two: Recharge
Reason Three: Rejuvenate
Reason Four: Reconnect
Reason Five: Relax
GT: Tell our readers why they should visit your city and more specifically, your property.
GHK: Grand Hyatt Kauai Resort & Spa is on 50 lushly landscaped oceanfront acres. A water wonderland awaits, with our quiet adult pool area, a lazy river pool, waterslide, and saltwater lagoon, there are pools galore and plenty of comfy chairs to lounge the day away. If you’ve ever wanted to learn to play the ukulele, do the hula, or scuba dive, we offer free lessons. Want to go explore? Rent a mountain bike at our tennis center. And for the ultimate in pampering, a visit to Anara Spa is sure to please all. The open-air environment maximizes the ideal weather in Poipu and each treatment room opens to its own tropical garden. We have two thatched-roof hale made just for couples services. All treatments incorporate traditional healing methods with island-fresh botanicals to refresh and renew body and mind. Cap the perfect Kauai day with a cocktail at Seaview Terrace with expansive views and live Hawaiian entertainment nightly. With such broad oceanfront access there are great views to be found throughout the property and nooks for everyone to find their own little slice of paradise. There are wooden swings and hammocks strewn throughout the property in addition to beach cabanas and comfy seating.
Poipu, on Kauai’s sunny south shore, is an excellent location for island exploration, as it is located at a mid-point on the island. The North Shore is little over an hour’s drive as is the end of the road on the west side of the island. The Waimea Canyon, on the West side offers great drives and hikes with viewpoints over both the Canyon as well as the Napali Coast. The scenic drive to the North Shore offers lots of great dining and sightseeing options, from waterfalls to taro fields, there are exceptional views everywhere.
In and around Poipu itself, there is great dining, botanical gardens, and plenty of activities from horseback riding to ATV exploration and ziplining.
GT: Why should gay travelers book at your property instead of other properties in the area?
The comfortable sense of relaxed elegance is reflective of Kauai and puts everyone at ease. As noted above, there are also lots of things to do, or not do, your choice. We also feature five delicious restaurants and Tidepools is a must for dinner. Set in thatched-roof bungalow above a koi-filled lagoon at the base of a waterfall, the ambiance can’t be beat and neither can the fresh fish and steak creations with a contemporary Hawaiian flair.
Amenities at a Glance:
In Room Facilities/Services:
Coffee / Tea Pot
On Property Facilities/Services:
Call for Information
Commitment Ceremony Planning / Hosting:
Call for Information
Want to Book?
Call Us Now — 1 808 742 1234
Call Us Now (Intl.) — 1 808 742 1234
Disclaimer: Every travel supplier on gaytravel.com has separate terms and conditions on their websites that will apply to your reservation and purchase of travel- related goods and services that you select. You hereby agree to read and abide by those terms and conditions. We are not responsible to you or anyone else for any loss, damage, liability, cost or expense suffered in connection with the use of gaytravel.com or any content on the site. Our site is provided ‘as is’. We make no warranties or representations about the site or its content and exclude, to the maximum extent permitted by law, any liability which may arise as a result of their use. We will never be liable for any indirect, incidental, special or consequential loss, or loss of profits or revenue arising out of the use of the site. You indemnify us against each claim, action, proceeding, judgment, damage, loss, expense or liability incurred or suffered by, or brought, made or recovered against us in connection with any breach by you of these terms.