In 2012, the Advocate Magazine rated Salt Lake City the gayest city in America. HE Travel is sending a group of gay folks to Utah to see why. We’ll ride two by two through this desert oasis in Utah, touring Temple Square (headquarters of the Mormon Church) to see firsthand what those adorable Mormon missionaries were trying to tell us. Then we’ll wash it down with a rum and coke at a local gay bar. Each day of riding will feature a different viewpoint of the Salt Lake Valley: up several canyons and along the Jordan River. Head up to Park City to ride the Alpine Slide, tour the historic city center, and soak our troubles away in “The Crater”- a secluded hot spring.
- Welcome to Utah +1 Stroll through downtown Salt Lake City on the way to our welcome dinner. Travelers flying into the Salt Lake Valley today will have great views of the Oquirrh and Wasatch Mountains, two lakes, and Kennecott Copper Mine, dramatic open pit mine. Even in June, the mountains may still have snow on their highest peaks. 1 x Dinner
- The Jordan River +2 A train ride takes us to the southern part of the Salt Lake Valley to being our long, gradual downhill ride following the Jordan River. Avoid vehicle traffic on a beautiful, relaxing route along a paved trail through woods, wetlands, tall grass, and Cottonwood. Tonight dine at a favorite Mexican restaurant, Red Iguana, famous for its Oaxacan mole sauce and colorful decor. Take a disco nap and get ready to head out on the town!: Salt Lake City has a friendly gay population, and we know where to go! 1 x Breakfast
1 x Dinner
- City Creek Ride +3 Today we ride a reserved paved road up City Creek Canyon, along a shady trail paralleling a burbling brook, where happy hikers (and their pooches) soak their feet in the icy cold creek. A casual lunch is followed by a walking tour of the city. Learn about the diverse populations that make this a very interesting political, artistic, and social scene. Dinner tonight will be at one of downtown Salt Lake City's thriving brew pubs (handcrafted beers are wildly popular in this state with a reputation for strict beliefs about alcohol consumption)! 1 x Breakfast
1 x Lunch
1 x Dinner
- This is the Place! +4 Gear up and head east to the foothills and to Emigration Canyon, where "it all began", so to speak. When Mormon Pioneers arrived and laid eyes on the wide and fertile Salt Lake Valley in 1847, Brigham Young declared "This is the right place, drive on." This 8-mile stretch is popular with local cyclists for its great workout, beautiful views, and speedy descent back to the city. The rest of the day is free to explore the city, with its sometimes surprising architecture and multi-ethnic cuisine. 1 x Breakfast
1 x Lunch
- Antelope Island +5 Today we will head to Antelope Island for some hiking, BBQing and beach time. This state park is home to free-ranging bison, mule deer, bighorn sheep and many other desert animals. The Great Salt Lake also attracts millions of birds that congregate along the shores surrounding the island. Enjoy an easy hike to the top of Buffalo Point; well known for its amazing 360 views. Afterward, we will meander down to the water and enjoy a BBQ and some beach time for the afternoon. 1 x Breakfast
1 x Lunch
- Park City +6 Drive up through the curving mountain pass to Park City, home of the Sundance Film Festival and many events of the 2002 Winter Olympics. A fun race down the Alpine Slide, a mountainside handcart ride, is a thrill, and gets us breathing that crisp mountain air. We'll have time to walk through downtown Park City and browse the shops and galleries that make the town so charming. Lunch is on our own today. Afterward, we’ll head to "The Crater", a geothermal hot spring for soaking and snorkeling before heading back to Salt Lake City for our farewell dinner. 1 x Breakfast
1 x Dinner
- Farewell +7 There are no activities scheduled today, so you may arrange flights as needed. 1 x Breakfast
- Important Notes
“Designing this tour was a hell of a lot of fun. Salt Lake City is my hometown. I grew up there, I grew up Mormon. They are nice folk, they keep their city pristine, and have a love for nature that is unrivaled by most other communities. I have a special love for this cosmopolitan city, and its wacky counter culture. Come travel with me to see one of my favorite cities on Earth”Zachary Moses: Adventure Tour Designer, Travel Writer, Comedian; Key West, FL
Daily bike rides will be on paved and winding canyon roads (8-40 miles). Going up requires stamina and strength, and the thrilling ride back down requires good balance and judgement. The tour will also feature walking tours of the city, mostly on paved, regular surfaces. Park City touring takes place on steep urban walkways in good condition.
Group transportation for all destinations within Salt Lake City and Park City; accommodations 6 nights in one of Salt Lake’s premier hotels; breakfast each day, 4 special dinners and 3 lunches; entrance fees for activities listed in itinerary, bicycle rental for 3 days of biking, accompanied by knowledgeable guides; transfers to/from airport to hotel for those traveling on stated tour dates; all hotel services charges (wi-fi, government taxes, porterage), and gratuities for drivers and included meals. All HE Travel tours include complimentary Medical & Evacuation Insurance.
What’s NOT Included
Transportation to and from starting and ending points; 2 dinners and 2 lunches; personal items including; alcoholic beverages, snacks, laundry, and telephone calls; gratuities for guides and HE Travel tour director.
* Explore several winding canyons and creeks above Salt Lake City while riding a fast, efficient road bike. * Uncover the fascinating history of this charming capital city, nestled at the base of the gorgeous Wasatch Mountains. * Find out why the Advocate named Salt Lake City one of the gayest in America in 2012. * Follow the Jordan River Parkway, a dedicated trail through woods and wetlands (with parks, bridges, and gardens along the way). * Soak and snorkel in The Crater, a geothermal hot spring inside a rock dome, near Park City. * Glide above the treetops in a chairlift to the Alpine Slide, then ZOOM down the mountainside on your own thrill ride! * Stroll and shop the galleries and gourmet bistros along Park City’s Main Street.
Want to Book?
Call Us Now — 866-294-8174
Call Us Now (Intl.) — +1-305-294-8174
Disclaimer: Every travel supplier on gaytravel.com has separate terms and conditions on their websites that will apply to your reservation and purchase of travel- related goods and services that you select. You hereby agree to read and abide by those terms and conditions. We are not responsible to you or anyone else for any loss, damage, liability, cost or expense suffered in connection with the use of gaytravel.com or any content on the site. Our site is provided ‘as is’. We make no warranties or representations about the site or its content and exclude, to the maximum extent permitted by law, any liability which may arise as a result of their use. We will never be liable for any indirect, incidental, special or consequential loss, or loss of profits or revenue arising out of the use of the site. You indemnify us against each claim, action, proceeding, judgment, damage, loss, expense or liability incurred or suffered by, or brought, made or recovered against us in connection with any breach by you of these terms.