This trip will stimulate your senses from top to bottom. Start in one of our favorite cities of Latin America – Medellin, the Eternal Spring City of Colombia. Wine and dine in deluxe accommodations while experiencing incredible friendliness. A short distance from the city we will visit a world class center for paragliding, hiking and zip-lining. Transfer to a renowned bio-reserve to delight in caving and rafting down a marble-lined crystal-clear river. Stay in an eco-lodge far from the sounds of civilization, surrounded by pristine natural beauty.
- Welcome to Medellin, Colombia +1 The most convenient flights will put most travelers into town mid-evening, so formal activities are not scheduled. We will make restaurant suggestions and perhaps take a stroll through the nearby Parque Lleras known for its vibrant night life. Mingle with the locals and foreign residents who live in this lively part of the city.
- Colombian Mountain Biking +2 Head out of the city for a day of leisurely biking from the top of a mountain along beautiful winding country roads. Outstanding views, delightful villages, coffee plantations, and a 400-year-old church along the way. Stop for a feast prepared in a village with locally produced delights. We'll have our welcome dinner back in Medellin tonight, and then wander out to some of the night spots of Medellin.
- Paragliding, Canyoning and Hiking +3 Today is for high thrills and adventure! In San Felix, go zip linging, paragliding, and hiking with lunch along the way. Paragliding is very popular around Medellin because of the perfect climatic conditions of warm air rising up out of the valley. Tonight you will have time for a massage or spa treatment before heading out on the town for another fabulous dinner.
- Transfer to Rio Claro +4 Less than 3 hours from Medellin awsaits an unforgettable private bio-reserve situated on a crystal clear river with an outdoor adventure center. After stopping for lunch, take a short 1 km hike to our modest but very comfortable accommodations perched on the cliff high above the river, with views of the water and surrounding forests. This afternoon, go tubing, swimming, and hiking or simply relax in our jungle hideaway.
- Caving, Rafting, and Exploring in Canyon of Rio Claro +5 Adventure activities start at 9:30am. Caving: a 45 minute hike through dense forest. Then hike, swim, and crawl along the stream that passes through a marble cave with extraordinary formations. Rafting: A calm ride down the Rio Claro, a warm, crystal clear river with a marble and sand bottom. Paddle under a small waterfall, ride a rope swing and feel like a kid again. Ziplining: Zoom along a short course that traverses back and forth across the river through the forest canopy.
- Another day in paradise at the Bio reserve of Rio Claro +6 Today we enjoy a full final day of activity at the bio-reserve. Whatever activity you missed yesterday, there will be plenty of time to experience today. Also available: guided hikes for bird watching, tubing, and visits to the secluded swimming holes along the river. In the evening, we will have the chance to take a night hike with lights to discover the hidden dens of the scorpions which glow in the light of a special UV light.
- Transfer Back to Medellin +7 This morning we pack up and head back to Medellin in our private vehicle. We arrive in time for lunch at our 4-star hotel and have several optional activities to choose from for the afternoon. Visit one of several outstanding museums, enjoy the hotel spa, or shop in the local boutiques. Tonight we will wine and dine at one of Medellin’s finest restaurants and enjoy a night cap in one of the tallest buildings of Medellin looking out over the entire city.
- Farewell to Friends +8 After breakfast, transfers will be provided to the international airport according with your scheduled flight.
- Important Notes
based on a shared room
for solo travelers who wish to enjoy a private bedroom and bathroom
“A little bit city, a little bit country- Rio Clara eco-preserve is the perfect Eden to contrast the bustle of Medellin. From the cave tour to mountain biking there is something for everyone, and you learn about the local environs while having a blast.”Brian Famer, San Francisco, CA
“Lots of activities that were very fun, engaging, well planned and as promised. The pre planning was really thoughtful, and [our guide] was so helpful and informative!”Gary B., Los Angeles, CA
No special skills are required. Hiking, canyoning, caving, water sports and more are available on this trip. If you are in good physical shape and like a challenge, this trip is for you.
7 nights lodging, including 4 nights in a 4-star boutique hotel and 3 nights in open-air eco-lodge-style cabanas with fans and air-temperature running water; All Breakfasts, 5 Lunches, and 6 Dinners, including wine (or non-alcoholic substitute) at welcome and farewell dinners; All land transportation within Colombia; Airport / hotel transfers on scheduled arrival / departures dates only; Included tours and adventure activities as described as included in the itinerary; All guides and HE Travel / Alyson Adventures tour director; All HE Travel tours include complimentary Medical and Evacuation insurance.
What’s NOT Included
International airfare; Airport departure taxes; Dinner on arrival day and one lunch; Alcoholic beverages, except at welcome and farewell dinner; Personal equipment; Extras in hotels (such as laundry, phone calls, and room service); Gratuities; Cancellation insurance; Costs associated with itinerary changes beyond our control.
* Enjoy a full day of downhill mountain biking among coffee plantations and a 400-year-old church * Experience the thrill of soaring over a canyon in a paraglider with a well-seasoned pilot * Spend a total of four nights in one of Medellin’s finest accommodations with a spa and fine dining * Explore a true bio-reserve with eco-lodge accommodations in a wilderness setting * Hike, swim and crawl through a magnificent cave with walls of marble * Zip line, tube, and raft the crystal clear waters of a whitewater river with a natural marble floor * Meet some of the beautiful and friendly people of Medellin as we explore the exciting nightlife of the city
Want to Book?
Call Us Now — 866-294-8174
Call Us Now (Intl.) — +1-305-294-8174
Disclaimer: Every travel supplier on gaytravel.com has separate terms and conditions on their websites that will apply to your reservation and purchase of travel- related goods and services that you select. You hereby agree to read and abide by those terms and conditions. We are not responsible to you or anyone else for any loss, damage, liability, cost or expense suffered in connection with the use of gaytravel.com or any content on the site. Our site is provided ‘as is’. We make no warranties or representations about the site or its content and exclude, to the maximum extent permitted by law, any liability which may arise as a result of their use. We will never be liable for any indirect, incidental, special or consequential loss, or loss of profits or revenue arising out of the use of the site. You indemnify us against each claim, action, proceeding, judgment, damage, loss, expense or liability incurred or suffered by, or brought, made or recovered against us in connection with any breach by you of these terms.